You may wish to look at this thread:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=128046&tstart=0 (last post):

---- start quote from thread ----

Hi everybody,

after looking into the current on source code (b134) into
/usr/src/lib/libstmf/common/store.c, I don't think that this bug
does still have an impact on COMSTAR.

The code there chunks the "provider_data_prop" (thats the stuff that
can get longer than 4kb) into several separate properties "provider_data_prop-<N>" with 4kb length, when it stores it and
reads it back by the same algorithm.

If this would still be an issue (or ever was), you would not be able
to reboot your machine without loosing your data, since libstmf
will read the data after reboot from libscf again.

"svccfg export -a stmf" will only dump what libstmf has put into
it before.

So as far as I can say this warning in connection to COMSTAR is simply wrong and not true anymore.

----end quote from thread ----

Josh Simon