Interesting, this time it worked! Does specifying the device to clear cause the command to behave differently? I had assumed w/out the device specification, the clear would just apply to all devices in the pool (which are just the one).

Thanks,
Brian

Cindy Swearingen wrote:
Hi Brian,

Because the pool is still online and the metadata is redundant, maybe
these errors were caused by a brief hiccup from the USB device's
physical connection. You might try:

# zpool clear external c0t0d0p0

Then, run a scrub:

# zpool scrub external

If the above fails, then please identify the Solaris release and what
events preceded this problem.

Thanks,

Cindy