I'm just about to start using ZFS in a RAIDZ configuration for a home file
server (mostly holding backups), and I wasn't clear on what happens if data
corruption is detected while resilvering.  For example: let's say I'm using
RAIDZ1 and a drive fails.  I pull it and put in a new one.  While resilvering,
ZFS detects corrupt data on one of the remaining disks.  Will the resilvering
continue, with some files marked as containing errors, or will it simply fail?

(I found this process[1] to repair damaged data, but I wasn't sure what would
happen if it was detected in the middle of resilvering.)

I will of course have a backup of the pool, but I may opt for additional backup
if the entire pool could be lost due to data corruption (as opposed to just a
few files potentially being lost).

Thanks,
Michael

[1] http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/ZFSADMIN/gbbwl.html