Hi all

I've been reading a lot of messages on this list about potential and actual
corruption of a zpool due to cache flush problems and whatnot, and I find
myself amazed.

I just wonder how a zpool compares with a good old filesystem when it comes to
filesystem errors. It seems several of the members of this list have
encountered problems where they had to boot a live CD to get their pool back,
whereas a normal filesystem won't give this problem. The old-time filesystem
might have corrupted data, but it still gets up.

Can someone give me some good input on this, and perhaps how to avoid an enitre
pool to become unavailable?

PS: I'm using small RAIDz2 pools with sufficient amount of redundancy

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk