> Hi guys, I am about to reshape my data spool and am wondering what
> performance diff. I can expect from the new config. Vs. The old.
>
> The old config. Is a pool of a single vdev of 8 disks raidz2.
> The new pool config is 2vdev's of 7 disk raidz2 in a single pool.
>
> I understand it should be better with higher io throughput....and
> better read/write rates...but interested to hear the science behind it.

> FYI, it's just a home server....but I like it.

Some answers (and questions) are here:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=102368&tstart=0

*** We need this explained in the ZFS FAQ by a Panel of Experts ***

Q: I (we) have a Home Computer and desire to use ZFS with a few large, cheap,
(consumer-grade) Drives. What can I expect
from 3 Drives, would I be better off with 4 or 5. Please note: I doubt I can
afford as many as 10 Drives nor could I stuff them
into my Box so please suggest options that use less than that many (most
prefefably less than 7).

A: ?

Thanks,
Rob