On 07/23/10 04:38 PM, Chris wrote:
Apologies if this question has been answered before, and sorry if this is in the wrong
forum (I couldn't find communities>>  zfs>>  discuss in the list) but I haven't
been able to find the answer despite extensive searching.

I have a zpool consisting of 3 x 1TB disks. I would like to add 1 x 1TB parity
disk to create a raidz from my existing zpool and this one extra disk. My aim
is to add this extra disk to achieve some redundancy, but without having to
destroy and recreate my existing zpool, and keep all of the data on this
existing zpool - is this possible?

No, I'm afraid you will have to start from scratch.

--
Ian.