Hi all,

It seems this issue has to do with CR 6860996 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6860996 ),
but following the following tips from Cindy Swearingen did the trick :

%temporary clones are not automatically destroyed on error

A temporary clone is created for an incremental receive and
in some cases, is not removed automatically.

Victor might be able to describe this better, but consider
the following steps as further diagnosis or a workaround:

1. Determine clone names:

# zdb -d <poolname> | grep %

2. Destroy identified clones:
# zfs destroy <clone-with-%-in-the-name>

It will complain that 'dataset does not exist', but you can check
again(see 1)

3. Destroy snapshot(s) that could not be destroyed previously

So my thanks goes to * Cindy Swearingen*, but i wonder...wasn't this bug
fixed in build 122 as seen in the OpenSolaris bug database?

Bruno

On 27-7-2010 19:36, Bruno Sousa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running snv_134 and i'm testing the COMSTAR framework and during
> those tests i've created an ISCSI zvol and exported to a server.
> Now that the tests are done i have renamed the zvol and so far so
> good..things get really weird (at least to me) when i try to destroy
> this zvol.
>
> *r...@santest:~# zfs destroy vol0/ISCSI/2delete*
>
> *cannot destroy 'vol0/ISCSI/2delete': dataset already exists*
>
> What does it means "dataset already exists" ? I've already destroyed the
> iscsi-lu within the stmfadm and i've offlined the iscsi target, and
> there's no snapshots of this zvol.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Bruno
>

> Here are the properties of this zvol.
>
> r...@santest:~# zfs get all vol0/ISCSI/2delete
>
> NAME                PROPERTY              VALUE                  SOURCE
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  type                  volume                 -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  creation              Thu Jul 15 23:02 2010  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  used                  57.9G                  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  available             7.24T                  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  referenced            57.9G                  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  compressratio         1.00x                  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  reservation           none                   default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  volsize               150G                   local
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  volblocksize          8K                     -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  checksum              on                     default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  compression           off                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  readonly              off                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  shareiscsi            off                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  copies                1                      default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  refreservation        none                   default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  primarycache          all                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  secondarycache        all                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  usedbysnapshots       0                      -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  usedbydataset         57.9G                  -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  usedbychildren        1K                     -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  usedbyrefreservation  0                      -
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  logbias               latency                default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  dedup                 off                    default
> vol0/ISCSI/2delete  mlslabel              none                   default

believed to be clean.