On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:00:08PM -0600, Cindy Swearingen wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I found a similar zfs upgrade failure with the device busy error, which
> I believe was caused by a file system mounted under another file system.
>
> If this is the cause, I will file a bug or find an existing one.
>
> The workaround is to unmount the nested file systems and upgrade them
> individually, like this:
>
> # zfs upgrade space/direct
> # zfs upgrade space/dcc

'zfs upgrade' unmounts file system first, which makes it hard to upgrade
for example root file system. The only work-around I found is to clone
root file system (clone is created with most recent version), change
root file system to newly created clone, reboot, upgrade original root
file system, change root file system back, reboot, destroy clone.

p...@freebsd.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org