Thanks for the update Robert.

Currently I have failed zpool with slog missing, which I was unable to
recover, although I was able to find out what the GUID was for the slog
device (below is the uotput of zpool import command).

I couldn't compile logfix binary either, so I ran out of any ideas of
how I can recover this zpool.

So for now it just sits there untouched.

This proposed improvement to zfs is definetely a hope for me.

When do you think it'll be implemented (roughly - this year, early next
year....) and would I be able to import this pool at it's current
version 22 (snv_129)?

[r...@storage ~]# zpool import

pool: tank

    id: 1346464136813319526

state: UNAVAIL

status: The pool was last accessed by another system.

action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.

   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY

config:

        tank         UNAVAIL  missing device

          raidz2-0   ONLINE