I have a file server that I've basically maxed out the drive bays for. At the
moment, I'm running Nexenta on an SSD that is sort of resting on something else
in the case. I was wondering if, instead, I could install Nexenta on a SATA
Disk on Module (DOM), say something like 4 GB, dual channel, SLC:

http://www.kingspec.com/solid-state-disk-products/series-domsata.htm

I did try with a USB memory stick, but it was slow. And my previous
installation of EON on a memory stick got corrupted and I lost everything (not
the data, but the configuration). Has anyone gotten this to work before (for
Nexenta, EON, etc.)? Any suggestions or advice? And how much space does a
plain-vanilla installation of Nexenta actually require?

Thanks!