Humberto Ramirez wrote:
I'm trying to replicate a 300 GB pool with this command

zfs send al...@3 | zfs receive -F omega

about 2 hours in to the process it fails with this error

"cannot receive new filesystem stream: invalid backup stream"

I have tried setting the target read only  (zfs set readonly=on omega)
also disable Timeslider thinking it might have something to do with it.

What could be causing the error ?

Could be zfs filesystem version too old on the sending side (I have one such case).
What are their versions, and what release/build of the OS are you using?

if the target is a new hard drive can I use this zfs send al...@3 > /dev/c10t0d0 ?

That command doesn't make much sense for the purpose of doing anything useful.

--
Andrew Gabriel