On Sep 14, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Wolfraider wrote:

> We are looking into the possibility of adding a dedicated ZIL and/or L2ARC
> devices to our pool. We are looking into getting 4 – 32GB  Intel X25-E SSD
> drives. Would this be a good solution to slow write speeds?

Maybe, maybe not.  Use zilstat to check whether the ZIL is actually in use
before spending money or raising expectations.

> We are currently sharing out different slices of the pool to windows servers
> using comstar and fibrechannel. We are currently getting around 300MB/sec
> performance with 70-100% disk busy.

This seems high, is the blocksize/recordsize matched?
 -- richard

--
OpenStorage Summit, October 25-27, Palo Alto, CA
http://nexenta-summit2010.eventbrite.com

Richard Elling
rich...@nexenta.com   +1-760-896-4422
Enterprise class storage for everyone