On Wed, September 22, 2010 21:25, Aleksandr Levchuk wrote:

> I ran out of space, consequently could not rm or truncate files. (It
> make sense because it's a copy-on-write and any transaction needs to
> be written to disk. It worked out really well - all I had to do is
> destroy some snapshots.)
>
> If there are no snapshots to destroy, how to prepare for a situation
> when a ZFS pool looses it's last free byte?

Add some more space somewhere around 90%, or earlier :-).

If you do get stuck,  you can add another vdev when full, too. Just
remember that you're stuck with whatever you add "forever", since there's
no way to remove a vdev from a pool.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info