Just for history as to why Fishworks was running on this box...we were
in the beta program and have upgraded along the way. This box is an
X4240 with 16x 146GB disks running the Feb 2010 release of FW with
de-dupe.

We were getting ready to re-purpose the box and getting our data off.
We then deleted a filesystem that was using de-duplication and the box
suddenly went into a freeze and the pool had activity like crazy.

After several failed attempts to recover the box to usable state (days
of importing failed), we reloaded the boot drives with Nexenta 3.0
(b134) (which was our goal anyway). When we tried to import this pool
again, after 24 hours the pool finally imported but with the error
that the two spares were FAULTED with too many errors.

Controller is an LSI 1068E-IR

Normally, I'd believe the drive was dead except, both spares? Could
this be related to the de-dupe FS being deleted?

-J