Hi,

my machine is a HP ProLiant ML350 G5 with 2 quad-core Xeons, 32GB RAM and a HP
SmartArray E200i RAID controller with 3x160 and 3x500GB SATA discs connected to
it. Two of the 160GB discs build the mirrored root pool (rpool), the third
serves as a temporary data pool called "tank", and the three 500G discs form a
RAIDZ1 pool called "daten".

So far I successfully upgraded from OpenSolaris b134 to b138 by manually
building ONNV. Recently I built b140, installed it, but unfortunately booting
results in a kernel panic:

NOTICE: zfs_parse_bootfs: error 22
Cannot mount root on rpool/187 fstype zfs

panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc2f660: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root

fffffffffbc71ba0 genunix:vfs_mountroot+32e ()
fffffffffbc71bd0 genunix:main+136 ()
fffffffffbc71be0 unix:_locore_start+92 ()

panic: entering debugger (no dump device, continue to reboot)

Welcome to kmdb
Loaded modules: [ scsi_vhci mac uppc sd unix zfs krtld genunix specfs pcplusmp
cpu.generic ]
[0]>

Before the above attempt with b140, I tried to upgrade to OpenIndiana, but have
quite the same problem; OI doesn't boot neither. See
http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2010-September/000504.html

Any ideas what is causing this kernel panic?

Regards

Thorsten