On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Alexander Lesle <gro...@tierarzt-mueller.de
> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I want to built a new NAS and I am searching for a controller.
> At supermicro I found this new one with the LSI 2008 controller.
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-USAS2-L8i.cfm?TYP=I
>
> Who can confirm that this card runs under OSOL build134 or solaris10?
> Why this card? Because its supports 6.0 Gb/s SATA.

The mpt_sas driver supports it. We've had LSI 2004 and 2008 controllers hang
for quite some time when used with SuperMicro chassis and Intel X25-E SSDs
(OSOL b134 and b147). It seems to be a firmware issue that isn't fixed with
the last update. While running any heavy workload you'll see as much as
$zfs_vdev_max_pending operations stuck on each SSD randomly. Others have
reported success with them though, YMMV. LSI says the boards are not
supported under Solaris and refuses to investigate it.

--
Giovanni Tirloni
gtirl...@sysdroid.com