Hi James,

I'm looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Cindy

On 10/13/10 00:14, James Patterson wrote:
I’m testing the new online zpool expansion feature of Solaris 10 9/10.  My
zpool was created using the entire disk (ie. no slice number was used).  When I
resize my LUN on our SAN (an HP-EVA4400) the EFI label does not change.

On the zpool, I have autoexpand=on, and I’ve tried using zpool online –e.  But
of course, unless the EFI label gets updated in response to the LUN size
change, the higher layers (zpool, zfs) will see no change.

Bug ID 6475340 (“ZFS needs to write a new EFI label describing the new size,
before it can use the new space)” was meant to fix this – and a fix was
delivered in the 09/10 kernel patch 142909-17 which I’m running.

Is the design of these changes such that it’s meant to automatically update the
EFI label?