On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Marty Scholes <martyscho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My home server's main storage is a 22 (19 + 3) disk RAIDZ3 pool backed up
> hourly to a 14 (11+3) RAIDZ3 backup pool.

How long does it take to resilver a disk in that pool?  And how long
does it take to run a scrub?

When I initially setup a 24-disk raidz2 vdev, it died trying to
resilver a single 500 GB SATA disk.  I/O under 1 MBps, all 24 drives
thrashing like crazy, could barely even login to the system and type
onscreen.  It was a nightmare.

That, and normal (no scrub, no resilver) disk I/O was abysmal.

Since then, I've avoided any vdev with more than 8 drives in it.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwc...@gmail.com