I tried using format to format the drive and got the following:

Ready to format.  Formatting cannot be interrupted
and takes 5724 minutes (estimated). Continue? y
Beginning format. The current time is Sat Oct 16 23:58:17 2010

Formatting...
Format failed

Retry of formatting operation without any of the standard
mode selects and ignoring disk's Grown Defects list.  The
disk may be able to be reformatted this way if an earlier
formatting operation was interrupted by a power failure or
SCSI bus reset.  The Grown Defects list will be recreated
by format verification and surface analysis.

Retry format without mode selects and Grown Defects list? y
Formatting...
Illegal request during format
ASC: 0x24   ASCQ: 0x0
Illegal request during format
ASC: 0x24   ASCQ: 0x0
failed

Is there any way for me to determine whether the disk is defective from
OpenSolaris? I tried rotating the disk to a different bay and the problem moved
to the new bay (c0t5000C500268D0821d0p0). When I try using format fdisk I get
an error as well (fdisk: Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT on
/dev/rdsk/c0t5000C500268D0821d0p0)

I also noticed that the format command take much much longer with this
particular disk compared to the other 7.