I am running the latest version of Nexenta Core 3.0 (b134 + extra
backports).

The time to run zfs list is starting to increase as the number of datasets
increase where it takes almost 30 seconds now to return 1500 datasets.

r...@zfs1:/etc# time zfs list -t all | wc -l

1491

real    0m29.614s

user    0m0.382s

sys     0m6.329s

This machine has plenty room on the memory side of things:

ARC Size:

         Current Size:             1090 MB (arcsize)

         Target Size (Adaptive):   7159 MB (c)

         Min Size (Hard Limit):    894 MB (zfs_arc_min)

         Max Size (Hard Limit):    7159 MB (zfs_arc_max)

Are there other things I can look at which may improve the performance of
the zfs list command or is this as good as it is going to get?

Thanks,

Geoff