zfs close is at zfs file system level. what i am look here is rebuild the file
system stack from bottom to top. Once i took the snapshot ( hardware) the
snapshot devices carry same copy of data and meta data.

If my snapshot device is dev2 then, the metadata will have smpoolsnap. If I
need to use dev2 on the same machine since smpoolsnap is already present on
dev1 which throws error.
what I am looking for is if I can modify this metadata, I can use dev2 with an
alternate name so that all file systems would be available with an alternate
zpool name.

As I mentioned below, I can do it for HPLVM or AIXLVM ( recreatevg command) if
i create a snapshot at array level.

Thanks & Regards,
sridhar