Am 11.11.10 11:51, schrieb Ville Ojamo:

Some generic ideas:

Looks like the zdb output is cut, is it cut because of mail reader or because zdb died for some reason? If died pstack core..

What does panic & stack trace say?

Does zpool import work any better with option -f or -F? Some have in the past suggested giving -o ro to it as well, but don't think that would do much (?).

Well, I had cut the zdb output, since it was going on listing all sorts of other information from the datasets and I figured that this output wouldn't be of any use to anyone, as long as nobody requests it.

I tried to import the pool when having booted from the OSol snv_134 live CD, with the following options:

echo "aok/W 1" | mdb -kw
echo "zfs_recover/W 1" | mdb -kw
zpool import -f -F <pool>

zfs then read from the devices and after a couple of seconds the host rebooted again with a kernel panic. I guess, since I booted off the live CD I don't have any core dumps at hand. Maybe on the other host, which also has the same issue with another pool, where a core dump should have been written somewhere, although I seem unable to find it anywhere.

--
Stephan Budach
Jung von Matt/it-services GmbH

Tel: +49 40-4321-1353
Fax: +49 40-4321-1114
E-Mail: stephan.bud...@jvm.de
Internet: http://www.jvm.com

Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Pallas, Frank Wilhelm
AG HH HRB 98380