sridhar surampudi wrote:
Hi I am looking in similar lines,

my requirement is
1. create a zpool on one or many devices ( LUNs ) from an array ( array can be
IBM or HPEVA or EMC etc.. not SS7000).
2. Create file systems on zpool
3. Once file systems are in use (I/0 is happening) I need to take snapshot at
array level
 a. Freeze the zfs flle system ( not required due to zfs consistency : source :
mailing groups)
 b. take array snapshot ( say .. IBM flash copy )
 c. Got new snapshot device (having same data and metadata including same GUID
of source pool)

  Now I need a way to change the GUID and pool of snapshot device so that the
snapshot device can be accessible on same host or an alternate host (if the LUN
is shared).

Could you please post commands for the same.

There is no way I know of currently. (There was an unofficial program floating around to do this on much earlier opensolaris versions, but it no longer works).

If you have a support contract, raise a call and asked to be added to RFE 6744320.

--
Andrew Gabriel