sbdadm can be used with a regular ZFS file or a ZFS block device.

Is there an advatage to using a ZFS block device and exporting it to comstar
via sbdadm as opposed to using a file and exporting it? (e.g. performance or
manageability?)

Also- let's say you have a 5G block device called pool/test

You can resize it by doing:
zfs set volsize=10G pool/test

However if the device was already imported into comstar then stmfadm list-lu -v
<guid> will still only report the original 5G block size. You can use sbdadm
modify-lu -s 10G </path_to_block_device> but I'm not sure if there is a chance
you might run into a size difference between ZFS and sbd.

i.e.- if I specify 10G in ZFS, and I do an sbdadm modify-lu -s 10G is there any
chance they won't align and I'll try to write past the end of the zvol?

Thanks in advance-