Hi all,

I'm getting a very strange problem with a recent OpenSolaris b134 install.

System is:
Supermicro X5DP8-G2 BIOS 1.6a
2x Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 1.0b
11 Seagate Barracuda 1TB ES.2 ST31000340NS drives

If I have any of the 11 1TB Seagate drives plugged into the controller, the AOC-SAT2-MV8 BIOS appears to detect them just fine, but I get the following problems:

1.  Grub takes a long time to findroot
2.  Once Grub finally finds the OS disk, OpenSolaris sits and hangs
    at the splash screen (verbose doesn't even work)

If I boot the system without any of these drives attached and then attach one, I get "Device failed to power up", and I can't configure them with cfgadm or use them to create a pool.

Every other disk I've tried in the box appears to work perfectly fine, so it appears to only be these ES.2s which are having a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard