On 01/11/11 11:40 AM, fred wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with my incremental setup.

Here is the filesystem as it shows up with zfs list:

NAME                                USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
Data/FS1                           771M  16.1T   116M  /Data/FS1
Data/f...@05                     10.3G      -  1.93T  -
Data/f...@06                     14.7G      -  1.93T  -
Data/f...@07                            0      -  1.93T  -

Everyday, i sync this filesystem remotely with : zfs send -I X Y | ssh
b...@blah zfs receive Z

Now, i'm having hard time transferring @06 to @07. So i tried to copy the
stream directly on the local filesystem to find out that the size of the stream
was more than 50G!

Anyone know why my stream is way bigger than the actual snapshot size (14.7G)?
I don't have this problem on my others filesystems.

Compression?

--
Ian.