Stephan,

There are a bunch of tools you can use, mostly provided with Solaris 11 Express, plus arcstat, arc_summary that are available as downloads. The latter tools will tell you the size and state of ARC, which may be specific to your issues since you cite memory. For the list, could you describe the ZFS pool configuration (zpool status), and summarize output from vmstat, iostat, and zpool iostat? Also, it might be helpful to issue 'prstat -s rss' to see if any process is growing its resident memory size. An excellet source of information is the "ZFS evil tuning guide" (just Google those words), which has a wealth of information.

I hope that helps (for a start at least)
  Jeff