On Jan 29, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> On 1/29/2011 6:18 PM, Richard Elling wrote:
>>> 0(offsite)#
>>
>> The next step is to run "zdb -l" and look for all 4 labels. Something like:
>>      zdb -l /dev/ada2
>>
>> If all 4 labels exist for each drive and appear intact, then look more
>> closely
>> at how the OS locates the vdevs. If you can't solve the "UNAVAIL" problem,
>> you won't be able to import the pool.
>

> Hmmm, doesnt look good on any of the drives.

I'm not sure of the way BSD enumerates devices.  Some clever person thought
that hiding the partition or slice would be useful. I don't find it useful.  On
a Solaris
system, ZFS can show a disk something like c0t1d0, but that doesn't exist. The
actual data is in slice 0, so you need to use c0t1d0s0 as the argument to zdb.
 -- richard