> matt@vault:~$ zpool status
> pool: rpool
> state: ONLINE
> scan: resilvered 588M in 0h3m with 0 errors on Fri Jan 7 07:38:06 2011
> config:
>
> NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
> rpool ONLINE 0 0 0
> mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
> c8t1d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0
> c8t0d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0
> cache
> c12d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0
>
> errors: No known data errors
<snip/>
> The stall occurs when the drive c8t1d0 is 100% waiting, and doing only
> slow i/o, typically writing about 2MB/s. However, the other drive is
> all zeros... doing nothing.
>
> The drives are:
> c8t0d0 - Western Digital Green -
> SATA_____WDC_WD15EARS-00Z_____WD-WMAVU2582242
> c8t1d0 - Samsung Silencer -
> SATA_____SAMSUNG_HD154UI_______S1XWJDWZ309550
>
> I've installed smartmon and done a short and long test on both drives,
> all resulting in no found errors.

Just a hunch, but try to run iostat -e or -E to see the error statistics.
http://karlsbakk.net/iostat-overview.sh will give you a nice overview if you're
on a wide terminal. The times I've seen one drive slow down a pool, it has
always been because of errors on that drive.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk