On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:14 AM, ian W <dropbears...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.. I found the issue. It was due to power management,
> and a probably bug with event driven power management states,
>
> changing
>
> cpupm enable

> cpupm enable poll-mode
>
> in /etc/power.conf fixed the issue for me. back up to 110MB/sec+ now..

Interesting - I have a E6600 also, and I will give this a try. I left
'cpupm enable' in /etc/power.conf because powertop/prtdiag properly
reported all the available P/C-states of my CPU, so I assumed that
power management was good to go. What do you have cpu-threshold set
too?

(This may be a moot point for me, because my CPU is littering fault
management with strings of L2 cache errors, so might be upgrading to
Nehalem soon).