With ZFS on a Solaris server using storage on a SAN device, is it
reasonable to configure the storage device to present one LUN for each
RAID group?  I'm assuming that the SAN and storage device are
sufficiently reliable that no additional redundancy is necessary on
the Solaris ZFS server.  I'm also assuming that all disk management is
done on the storage device.

I realize that it is possible to configure more than one LUN per RAID
group on the storage device, but doesn't ZFS assume that each LUN
represents an independant disk, and schedule I/O accordingly?  In that
case, wouldn't ZFS I/O scheduling interfere with I/O scheduling
already done by the storage device?

Is there any reason not to use one LUN per RAID group?