On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <r...@karlsbakk.net> wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark, but could this possibly be related to my issue as
> posted with the subject "Nasty zfs issue"?

    I do not think they are directly related. I have seen some odd
behavior when I replace a failed drive before the resilver completes,
but nothing as dramatic as what you saw. I have also seen at least as
many cases of completely normal behavior when replacing a failed drive
before the hot spare finishes resilvering (the scrub restarts and
resilvers both the hot spare and the replacement drive). My standard
practice is to wait for the hot spare to finish resilvering before
replacing the failed drive, just to be safe.

--
Paul Kraus