> I have a pool that is experiencing the same problem (currently at
> version 26). I've been able to remove zil devices from it before but
> at some point they become "stuck". The zpool remove command completes
> with no error, but the device is never really removed and remains in
> the pool.
> zpool iostat will show no activity to the device however, and the
> alloc column shows 16.0E. It is possible to do a zpool replace on the
> device, but the replacing device will end up in the same state
> (unusable and unable to be removed).

I had a similar problem that turned out to be a PEBKAC - I tried to remove
devices in a mirror, not the mirror with the devices... Can you paste the
command(s) you're using for this?

Btw, log device removal is in from zpool v19, so the one you're using should
work.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--