We have an X4540 running Solaris 11 Express snv_151a that has developed an
issue where its write performance is absolutely abysmal. Even touching a file
takes over five seconds both locally and remotely.

/pool1/data# time touch foo

real    0m5.305s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.004s
/pool1/data# time rm foo

real    0m5.912s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.005s

The system exhibits this issue under the slightest load.  We have sync=disabled
set on all filesystems in this pool. The pool is at 75% capacity and is
healthy. This issue started suddenly several days ago and persists after
reboot. prstat shows zpool-pool1/150 taking 10% CPU constantly whereas other
similar systems in our infrastructure under the same load do not. Even doing a
'zfs set' on a property takes up to 10 seconds and on other systems is
instantaneous. Something appears to be blocking internally.

Both iostat and zpool iostat show very little to zero load on the devices even
while blocking.

Any suggestions on avenues of approach for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Adam