I am not sure you can monitor actual mechanical seeks short
of debugging and interrogating the HDD firmware - because
it is the last responsible logic in the chain of caching, queuing
and issuing actual commands to the disk heads.

For example, a long logical IO spanning several cylinders
would probably be seen by the OS as one IO with many MBs
of transfer, but would break down into track-to-track seeks
in disk's reality.

Nevertheless, as far as the OS commands are concerned,
you can try to interpolate outputs of iostat and iopattern:

http://www.richardelling.com/Home/scripts-and-programs-1/iopattern

The latter tries to estimate the amounts of SEQuential and
RNDom reads and writes in your workload.

HTH,
//Jim