On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 07:28:06AM -0400, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> [...]

dedup'd blocks are found via the ddt, no matter how many references to
them exist.  The ddt 'owns' the actual data block, and the regular
referencing files' metadata (bp) indicates that this block is dedup'd
(indirect) rather than regular (direct).

At least that's my somewhat-rusty recollection.

--
Dan.