On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 05:45:14AM +0400, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Also, in a mirroring scenario is there any good reason to keep a warm spare
> instead of making a three-way mirror right away (beside energy saving)?
> Rebuild times and non-redundant windows can be decreased considerably ;)

Perhaps where the spare may be used for any of several pools,
whichever has a failure first. Not relevant to this case..

In this case, if the drive is warm, it might as well be live.

My point was that, even as a cold spare it is worth something, and
that the sata port may be worth more, since the OP is more interested
in performance than extra redundancy.

--
Dan.