On 07/18/11 02:29 PM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
From: Edward Ned Harvey
[mailto:opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensola...@nedharvey.com]

It says zpool version 31 and zfs version 5.  Can anybody please confirm or
deny that this is the absolute latest version available to the public in
any
way?

After applying all updates, it's still zpool 31 and zfs 5.  So unless anyone
has anything else to suggest...  I'm not going to repeat any of the dedup
tests.  It doesn't look like any zfs/zpool/dedup code has changed since
solaris 11 express was released in 2010.

Note that in general code can change without either the pool or filesystem versions changing. The filesystem and pool version numbers usually only need to change if there is an on disk format change or some other compatibility issue.

Some performance fixes need an on disk layout change and some don't.

Note I'm not commenting about any specific issue here but about the way your conclusion was written it doesn't follow that because the pool and version number are the same that no zfs/zpool/dedup code was changed.

--
Darren J Moffat