----- Original Message -----

Hi Brian,

No, it doesn't work. Kernel panic still happens.

>>  Most modern boards will be boot from a live USB stick.

I think this quote was from Ian. Yes they will, but only Solaris 11 Express and
OpenIndiana seem to have USB bootable installers.

I installed Solaris 11 this way. You can see from the screen shot I posted the
error still occurs.

The data is still inaccessible. I was hope somebody from Oracle would say
something but I don't see any emails.

Jim