Just curious if anyone has looked into the relationship between zpool
dedupe, zfs zend dedupe, memory use, and network throughput.

For example, does 'zfs send -D' use the same DDT as the pool? Or does it
require more memory for it's own DDT, thus impacting performance of both?

If you have a deduped pool on both ends of the send, does -D make any
difference?

If neither pool is deduped, does -D make a difference?

We're waiting on a replacement backplane for our newest zfs-based storage
box, so won't be able to look into this ourselves until next week at the
earliest. Thought i'd check if anyone else has already done some comparisons
or benchmarks.

Cheers,
Freddie
fjwc...@gmail.com