On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rvandol...@esri.com> wrote:
> It seems to perform similarly to the X-25E as well (3300 IOPS for
> random writes).  Perhaps the drive can be overprovisioned as well?
>
> My impression was that Intel was classifying the 3xx series as
> non-Enterprise however.  Even with the SLC.

I don't think the 311 has any over-provisioning (other than the 7%
from GB -> GiB conversion). I believe it is an X25-E with only 5
channels populated. The upcoming enterprise models are MLC based and
have greater over-provisioning AFAIK.

The 20GB 311 only costs ~ $100 though. The 100GB Intel 710 costs ~ $650.

The 311 is a good choice for home or budget users, and it seems that
the 710 is much bigger than it needs to be for slog devices.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com