Hi,

I'm not familiar with ZFS stuff, so I'll try to give you as much as info I can
get with our environment
We are using a ZFS pool as a VLS for a backup server (Sun V445 Solaris 10), and
we are faced with very low read performance (whilst write performance is much
better, i.e : up to 40GB/h to migrate data onto LTO-3 tape from disk, and up to
100GB/h to unstage data from LTO-3 tape to disk, either with Time Navigator 4.2
software or directly using dd commands)
We have tunned ZFS parameters for ARC and disabled preftech but performance is
poor. If we dd from disk to RAM or tape, it's very slow, but if we dd from tape
or RAM to disk, it's faster. I can't figure out why. I've read other posts
related to this, but I'm not sure what can of tuning can be made.
For disks concern, I have no idea on how our System team created the ZFS
volume.
Can you help ?

Thank you

David