> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Bob Friesenhahn
>
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> >> Doesn't a scrub do more than what 'fsck' does?
> >
> > It does different things.  I'm not sure about "more".
>
> Zfs scrub validates user data while 'fsck' does not.  I consider that
> as being definitely "more".

Yes, but when scrub encounters uncorrectable errors, it doesn't attempt to
correct them.  Fsck will do things like recover lost files into the
lost+found directory, and stuff like that...

So, scrub does more of one thing, and fsck does more of a different thing...
Which one you call "more" is a matter of perspective.  I would just call
them different, and each one "better" in its own way, depending on your
needs.