On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Jim Klimov <jimkli...@cos.ru> wrote:

> Really, they WERE still a useful reference for many of us,
> even if posted a few years back...

    I always used the mailing list, and have kept every message since
I subscribed in about July of 2007 in my Google Apps account to make
searching easy. I never trust that anything on the public Internet
will remain forever, and if I want to be able to search an archive, I
archive it myself. Yes, Google Apps _can_ go away, but I expect that
there will be notice beforehand and I can mirror all my Google hosted
email via IMAP if I need to (in fact, in the early days of Google Mail
I did just that as a backup).

--
Paul Kraus