On 12/ 9/11 12:39 AM, Darren J Moffat wrote:
On 12/07/11 20:48, Mertol Ozyoney wrote:
Unfortunetly the answer is no. Neither l1 nor l2 cache is dedup aware.

The only vendor i know that can do this is Netapp

In fact , most of our functions, like replication is not dedup aware.
For example, thecnicaly it's possible to optimize our replication that
it does not send daya chunks if a data chunk with the same chechsum
exists in target, without enabling dedup on target and source.
We already do that with 'zfs send -D':

           -D

               Perform dedup processing on the stream. Deduplicated
               streams  cannot  be  received on systems that do not
               support the stream deduplication feature.

Is there any more published information on how this feature works?

--
Ian.