First of all, I would like to thank Bob, Richard and Tim for
at least taking time to look at this proposal and responding ;)

It is also encouraging to see that 2 of 3 responders consider
this idea at least worth pondering and discussng, as it appeals
to their direct interest. Even Richard was not dismissive of it ;)

Finally, as Tim was right to note, I am not a kernel developer
(and won't become one as good as those present on this list).
Of course, I could "pull the blanket onto my side" and say
that I'd try to write that code myself... but it would
probably be a long wait, like that for "BP rewrite" - because,
I already have quite a few commitments and responsibilities
as an admin and recently as a parent (yay!)

So, I guess, my piece of the pie is currently limited to RFEs
and bug reports... and working in IT for a software development
company, I believe (or hope) that's not a useless part of the
process ;)

I do believe that ZFS technology is amazing - despite some
shortcomings that are still present - and I do want to see
it flourish... ASAP! :^)

//Jim