IMHO, there is no easy way out for you
1)tape backup and restore
2)find a larger USB SATA disk, copy the data over then restore later after raidz1 setup
-LT

On 3/7/2012 4:38 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
Hi,

I had a single-disk zpool (export) and was given two new disks for expanded storage. All three disks are identically sized, no slices/partitions. My goal is to create a raidz1 configuration of the three disks, containing the data in the original zpool.

However, I got off on the wrong foot by doing a "zpool add" of the first disk. Apparently this has simply increased my storage without creating a raidz config.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no simple way to just remove that disk now and do a proper raidz create of the other two. Nor am I clear on how import/export works and whether that's a good way to copy content from one zpool to another on a single host.

Can somebody guide me? What's the easiest way out of this mess, so that I can move from what is now a simple two-disk zpool (less than 50% full) to a three-disk raidz configuration, starting with one unused disk? In the end I want the three-disk raidz to have the same name (and mount point) as the original zpool. There must be an easy way to do this.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Bob

P.S. I would appreciate being kept on the CC list for this thread to avoid digest mailing delays.

Hung-Sheng Tsao Ph D.
Founder&  Principal
HopBit GridComputing LLC
cell: 9734950840