On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM,  <casper....@oracle.com> wrote:

>>I'm migrating a webserver(apache+php) from RHEL to solaris. During the
>>stress testing comparison, I found under the same session number of client
>>request, CPU% is ~70% on RHEL while CPU% is full on solaris.
>
> Which version of Solaris is this?

This is Solaris 11.

>>The apache root documentation is apparently in zfs dataset. It looks like each
>>file system operation will run into zfs root mutex contention.
>>
>>Is this an expected behavior? If so, is there any zfs tunable to
>>address this issue?
>
> The zfs_root() function is the function which is used when a
> mountpoint is transversed.  Where is the apache document root
> directory and under which mountpoints?

I have an external storage server and I created a zfs pool on it.

# zpool list
NAME     SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
export1  800G   277G   523G  34%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
rpool    117G   109G  8.44G  92%  1.00x  ONLINE  -

this pool is mounted under /export, all of the apache documents.
are in this pool at /export/webserver/apache2/htdocs.

The php temporary folder is set to /tmp, which is tmpfs.

Thanks,
-Aubrey