Casper,

Yep that's the lad, I set it to on and split pool expands..

thanks

Matt

On 03/30/12 02:15 PM, casper....@oracle.com wrote:
Hi,
As an addendum to this, I'm curious about how to grow the split pool in
size.

Scenario, mirrored pool comprising of two disks, one 200GB and the other
300GB, naturally the size of the mirrored pool is 200GB e.g. the smaller
of the two devices.

I ran some tests within vbox env and I'm curious why after a zpool split
one of the pools does not increase in size to 300gb, yet for some reason
both pools remain at 200gb even if I export/import them. Sizes are
reported via zpool list.

I checked the label, both disks have a single EFI partition consuming
100% of each disk. and format/partition shows slice 0 on both disks also
consuming the entire disk respectively.

So how does one force the pool with the larger disk to increase in size ?

What is the autoexpand setting (I think it is off by default)?

        zpool get autoexpand splitted-pool

Casper