On 05/28/2012 10:48 AM, Ian Collins wrote:
> To follow up, the H310 appears to be useless in non-raid mode.
>
> The drives do show up in Solaris 11 format, but they show up as
> unknown, unformatted drives.  One oddity is the box has two SATA
> SSDs which also show up the card's BIOS, but present OK to
> Solaris.
>
> I'd like to re-FLASH the cards, but I don't think Dell would be
> too happy with me doing that on an evaluation system...

If the drives show up at all, chances are you only need to work around
the power-up issue in Dell HDD firmware.

Here's what I had to do to get the drives going in my R515:
/kernel/drv/sd.conf

sd-config-list = "SEAGATE ST3300657SS", "power-condition:false",
                 "SEAGATE ST2000NM0001", "power-condition:false";

(that's for Seagate 300GB 15k SAS and 2TB 7k2 SAS drives, depending on
your drive model the strings might differ)

--
Saso